Service Learning Standards:
- Service-learning actively engages participants in meaningful and personally relevant service activities.
- Service-learning is intentionally used as an instructional strategy to meet learning goals and/or content standards.
- Service-learning incorporates multiple challenging reflection activities that are ongoing and that prompt deep thinking and analysis about oneself and one's relationship to society.
- Service-learning promotes understanding of diversity and mutual respect among all participants.
- Service-learning provides youth with a strong voice in planning, implementing, and evaluating service-learning experiences with guidance from adults.
- Service-learning partnerships are collaborative, mutually beneficial, and address community needs.
- Service-learning engages participants in an ongoing process to assess the quality of implementation and progress toward meeting specific goals, and uses results for improvement and sustainability.
- Service-learning has sufficient duration and intensity to address community needs and meet specified outcomes.